Moving into a new home can be a hectic and stressful time, and whether you’re a first time renter or a lettings pro, there’s bound to be a question or two that you might need answered.
Hopefully, we’ve answered most questions below, but if you need more advice just give us a call.
Q: How do I secure a property?
Q: What information is required for referencing?
- Details of your current and previous addresses
- Proof of current address
- Details of your employment
- Confirmation of your income
- Identification of who you are. (1 x photographic & 1 x postal)
- We may also ask for bank statements and payslips
- Contact details for your landlord
Q: Will I require a Guarantor?
Q: Do I need to pay a deposit?
Q: What's the deposit used for?
Q: What happens to my deposit after it is paid?
Q: Who pays the rates on the property?
Q: Do I need my own insurance?
Q: Who is responsible for notifying the utility companies that I’m moving in?
Q: Can I decorate the property?
Q: What are my responsibilities as a tenant?
- Pay the rent on time
- Pay all the utility bills and the TV licence unless otherwise agreed
- Do general household and garden maintenance
- Dispose of all rubbish
- Clean the windows
- Carry out basic maintenance such as replacing light bulbs and fuses
- Keep the property secure at all times
- Advise of any repairs or maintenance needed as soon as it arises
- Not create unnecessary noise for neighbours
- Ventilate the property appropriatley